Homelessness and COVID-19 Conference hosted by London Metropolitan University
TIME: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
LOCATION: ONLINE – Collaborate
WHO IS IT FOR: London Met Students, London Met Staff and places available for General Admission
A conference on the impact of COVID-19 on homelessness and how we can respond.
About this Event
This conference examines the impact of COVID-19 on homelessness.
It will feature speakers who will examine front line responses, policy, partnership working and what local authorities can do.
Introduction Professor Lynn Dobbs, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive of London Metropolitan University.
- Dom Gates, Director Of Services at Providence Row.
- Faye Greaves: Head of Policy and Practice at the Centre for Homelessness Impact. The Centre examines what works in terms of policy and practice
- Louise Mitchell: Councillor in Waltham Forest and is Cabinet Member for Housing and Homelessness Prevention.
- Meg Rainey: Senior Social Worker in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. She has considerable experience of partnership working to prevent and address homelessness.
Panel discussion with speakers and current and former students chaired by Chris Lane, Head of Social Work for the School of Social Professions of London Metropolitan University.
Also available to answer questions:
- Patrick Mulrenan, Course Leader for the Community Development and Leadership BSc (Hons) and coordinator of the professional validation of a number of programmes with the Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Dr Jane Lewis, Senior Lecturer in Sociology and course leader for the Professional Doctorate in researching.
- Isabel Patrick, Student Money & Accommodation Adviser – Named Contact for Care Leavers
- Stavroula Konidari, Work Based Learning Officer for the Schools of Social Sciences and Social Professions.
This event will be recorded for distribution through various London Met outlets. All audience members agree to the possibility of appearing on these recordings by virtue of attending the event or participating in the event.
Click here to visit our events page and book your space as soon as possible as spaces are limited.
Photo by 7C0 on Foter.com / CC BY